Valeo Behavioral Health COVID-19 (coronavirus) Update
It is important to know that Valeo is taking information provided by the Shawnee County Health Agency (SCHA), Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO) and implementing changes as recommended. Information specific to Shawnee County can be found at http://www.snco.us/HD/coronavirus.asp.
The safety of our consumers and staff is our highest priority, and out of an abundance of caution,
Valeo is implementing precautions at all service locations.
No visitors, children, or non-essential persons are permitted into the agency (excluding case managers, day program staff and primary caregivers for appointments).
While the community remains on alert, all persons entering the agency will be screened for illness including cough, fever or shortness of breath in the last two weeks. Based on your response, you may be further screened and asked to wear a mask while on Valeo property. If you have been ill and are not experiencing an emergency, your appointment will be rescheduled.
Consumers who are ill should call and reschedule their appointment before they come in (Valeo: 785-233-1730). Contact your primary care provider about your symptoms before you seek care. The “Call Before You Go” number is available to anyone: Stormont Vail: 785-354-6000. This number should be called before you go to the hospital.
Refills can be requested by emailing your name, medication name & dose, pharmacy name & location, and a call back phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To reduce risk, everyone should:
• Practice social distancing: social distancing is avoiding large crowds, maintaining at least a 6 foot distance between persons, and minimizing the amount of time spent in contact with others (less than 10 minutes).
• Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Stay home if you are sick. Do not return to work until you have been fever free for 24 hours without medication to lower your fever, or for more than 72 hours without fever if you have also had a cough
• Cover coughs and sneezes, or cough/sneeze into the bend in your arm.
• Clean and disinfect surfaces daily.
We understand the COVID-19 outbreak is an evolving situation. You can be confident that Valeo is continuously re-evaluating the precautions in effect and that we are following the most up-to-date recommendations.
Thank you for your participation in the infection control measures in place!
Valeo Community Residence Program will be the provider of choice for individuals seeking mental wellness in a uniquely warm, supportive, family-like environment which fosters personal growth in a residential setting.
The Valeo Community Residence Program is a private, non-profit corporation that provides long term residential and transitional care to adults with mental illness who require a supportive living environment. Residents participate and receive assistance with daily living needs, personal, social, and interpersonal goals.