- Osawatomie State Hospital Liaison – provides service to hospitalized Shawnee County consumers who are preparing for discharge and reintegration into the community.
- NFMH Team – This team serves to identify individuals currently in the nursing facility for mental health, that have the goal to leave the facility. The team has two case managers and one peer support specialist available to assist in helping the residents get the support they need in place to successfully discharge.
- Choice Team ACT – This team provides intensive services for consumers being discharged from Osawatomie State Hospital and Nursing Facilities for Mental Health. A primary case manager is identified who will facilitate continuity of care and reduce duplication of services.
- Tanglewood – A Supported Housing program. One case manager provides services on location to 14 residents who were formally homeless with SPMI. This is a community HUD subsidized project administered by Community Action, Inc. The residents have individual apartments, and it is considered permanent housing.
- KSHOP (KDOC) – Memorandum of Agreement to provide services to released offenders that has a severe mental illness. The purpose is to quickly house and provide supportive services to reduce recidivism and promote community reintegration. Specialty trained case managers are assigned on this project. A KDOC staff is involved at Valeo to ensure coordination and collaboration.
- SOAR and Benefit Specialist – these staff assist with accessing Social Security benefits and Medicaid/Medicare insurance.
- LINK – is a community partnership between Stormont Vail, Washburn University, Harvesters, Health Access and Valeo. The program has two community support navigators who address social determinants of health with patients and help link them to resources. Target population: individuals with a rising risk score who also struggle with food insecurity.
Location and Service Access
This program is located at 2401 SW 6th Street, Topeka, Kansas 66606.
Services are provided in the community or in the mental health center.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Sunday, 8:00am – 10:00pm