Services for Employment Success
Services are designed to provide competitive employment opportunities for consumers who have a Severe and Persistent Mental Illness or are dually diagnosed. Integration within the treatment team is essential for success.
Treatment Approach/Program Philosophy
To provide services to consumers in competitive employment that will assist them in the quest for wellness and recovery. Consumer choice and individualized treatment is emphasized.
- To increase the number of consumers in CSS who are competitively employed.
- Maintain a high level of job retention for consumers employed
- Maintain effective business partnerships with community employers
- Access to SES within 5 working days
- Provide $6,000 revenue per SES worker per month.
- Increase overall consumer satisfaction to 98%
Location and Service Access
Bryce Miller Building, 2401 SW 6th St. SES services are provided in the community.
Hours of operation are Monday-Friday, 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m., phone is 785-233-1730 for the Bryce Miller Building, 2401 SW 6th.
Services Provided/StaffingWorkforce Development Specialists work with consumers to seek and maintain individualized competitive employment opportunities according to Evidence Based Practices. The full time Workforce Development Specialists work with the following populations:
- Consumers who meet the State of Kansas SPMI/PRS criteria.
- Workforce Development Specialist work with a caseload of approximately 20 consumers.
- Support Employment Services also serve consumers interested in the Ticket to Work Program.
Special Populations/AccommodationsAdults with severe and persistent mental illness who express a motivation to work and are receiving other Valeo services are referred internally. A limited number of referrals are accepted from the community provided they meet the criteria for SPMI. Other special populations include:
- Consumers who are dually diagnosed with mental illness and a developmental disability
- Consumers coming out of Osawatomie State Hospital and have expressed an interest in employment.
- Consumers with drug and alcohol issues and those being released from correctional institutions and on probation/parole.
- Consumer wanting to use their Ticket to Work for full time placement
Who We Serve
- Adults over the age of 18 who live in Shawnee County
- Individuals how have received a Mental Health Intake
- Goal of employment and request a referral to SES